We like to reserve eating lamb for special occasions and I can’t think of a better one than Easter! This year it’s quite early and at this point in time, less than two weeks away! Here is an easy recipe for a tender and delicious leg of lamb. It takes some time to cook but it will be worth the wait.
Lamb contains high-quality protein and is a rich source of many vitamins and minerals. The most abundant ones are vitamin B12, selenium, zinc, niacin, phosphorus and iron.
3 ½ - 4 lb lamb leg, boneless, rolled and tied
5 garlic cloves, crushed
3 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
2 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
2 Tbsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. In a bowl, combine the garlic, rosemary, lemon juice, sea salt, mustard, olive oil and pepper.
3. Mix well and rub all over the lamb.
4. Place the lamb on a roasting rack.
5. As soon as you place it in the oven, close the door and turn down the heat to 350 F.
6. Roast for 3 hours.
7. Remove the lamb and let it rest for 15 minutes before carving. Enjoy!
Have a blessed Easter, everyone!